As our first in-house Visual Designer, you’ll build out the Symbio brand. Your work will be front and center with our customers, partners, candidates, and our internal team. You’ll be responsible for conveying our brand identity and voice through all user-facing, enterprise and internal communications (print and digital) to ensure brand consistency across campaigns and materials. Work closely with Marketing and Brand Creative Team to understand overarching strategy and create materials that will educate and incite engagement.
Our ideal teammate for this role is someone who wants to make-great-stuff all day long. Yes, there will be a lot of powerpoint decks, but for the Designer who understands how incredible data visualization, infographics and the power of a strong narrative is—this job is awesome.
In addition to the design and production work, we’ll ask you to think outside the norm to help us take our brand to the next level.
Your day to day
You will work with teams across the Company to develop a huge range of creative projects: presentations, infographics, illustrations, iconography, environmental graphics, UX strategies, digital marketing assets and more.
You will have the opportunity to support the production of videos, animations, posters, custom clothing to start. You’ll build templates for configurable marketing campaigns, and “to spec” mechanicals. You’ll craft aesthetic, press-ready print/DM materials as well as digital campaigns, social posts and microsites that adhere to our brand standards.
This is a job for a designer who wants to craft beautiful, expressive projects that are compelling and dynamic. We are a team of creative makers, who bring ingenuity and multi-disciplinary collaboration to everything we touch. We’ll tap into your love for drawing, photography, videography, and for creating in other ways.
If you are hungry to create and are driven to push the edges of expression every day, this is your place. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to build out their experience and portfolio with impactful work.
And you’ll be in good company: our organization is incredibly dynamic, fun to work with and super creative.
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates strategic thinking, strong conceptual and formal skills
- 3+ years experience as a visual designer
- Applications: Adobe Suite, Powerpoint, Keynote, GSlides. Mastery in Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign + Powerpoint
- Create effective illustrations + iconography with eyes closed (or squinting, whatever works!)
- Draw, draw, draw
- Animation + Editing skills a plus
Personal work style:
- Able to own projects, is accountable to deadlines and can reliably set expectations for deliverables and timing.
- Enjoys problem solving, able to loop in others when stuck, and communicates the whole way through.
- Collaborates to find the best solution. Has learned (or always knew) that the goal is delivering good work, not in always being the one to come up with the winning idea every time.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Ambitious and excited to learn (constant learning is one of Symbio’s core values).
Location: Emeryville, CA
Symbio Robotics is dedicated to building a diverse team that is as complex and creative as the solutions we engineer for industrial automation applications. We are actively committed to engaging all voices and experiences in building the future of automation.