Field Applications Engineer, Detroit
As our first Field Application Engineer, you’ll provide technical service, customer support, and technical account management for Symbio Robotics software applications within automotive manufacturing.
The ideal candidate is an experienced individual who has deployed and supported applications on automotive manufacturing lines. You love learning the customer's automation challenges, understanding their needs and figuring out the best path to mutual success. In addition, you are passionate about the potential for Robotics Automation to transform manufacturing. You are not just an executor - you are a builder who focuses on customer needs and satisfaction to ultimately strengthen business relationships.
Your Day to Day
You will partner with sales and business development on new opportunities by providing technical expertise, conducting discovery sessions and coordinating with internal engineering teams.
Oversee the proof of concept through production launch of new workcells and ensure a successful conclusion. Provide engineering support, such as deploying bug patches.
Be the technical subject matter expert and train customers on SymbioDCS, including manufacturing processes, robotics applications, and factory automation environment.
Build strategic relationships across Symbio’s internal teams to provide insightful customer feedback and critical input to Symbio’s product vision and roadmap.
Flexibility and willingness to travel to customer sites and Symbio HQ up to 30%-50%.
Director, Customer Success
- Knowledgeable about automotive manufacturing processes.
- Strong PLC programming experience.
- Comfortable with IT – installation of software patches/updates.
- Great presenter, communicator and influencer with strong verbal and written skills.
- Comfortable multitasking across parallel work streams, juggling different priorities in each.
- Able to work independently to provide workable solutions at customer site.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of automation applications, robotic applications, and/or machine vision.
- Experience coding in C, C++, Python, or Java.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and automation in Final Assembly or Transmission within Automotive Industry.
- Exposure to enterprise software / Linux OS / client-server software (localized applications not just web-based applications)
Symbio Robotics builds software that make industrial robots capable of responding to the process and product variation that today require human intervention. Using machine learning, edge computing and computer vision we provide robots with the brains to be easier to commission, more versatile and robust. Today our customers are global automotive OEMs and tier 1 suppliers. As we grow, we will add additional manufacturing markets such as Electronics and others.
Symbio Robotics is dedicated to building a diverse team that is as complex and creative as the solutions we engineer for industrial automation applications. We are actively committed to engaging all voices and experiences in building the future of automation