Test and Reliability Engineer
Our software operates in a high stakes production environment where the impact of downtime is measured in tens of thousands of dollars per minute. Therefore, our code must run efficiently and reliably 24/7.
We are looking for a Test and Reliability engineer who upholds the highest standard for quality. You are the type of person who appreciates critical thinking, while building test cases that really count.
- Ensure the entire software stack runs robustly and reliably 24/7 with production robots in-the-loop
- Think critically and creatively to design tests to catch the not-so-obvious failure modes that might be overlooked by the rest of the developer team
- Develop strong scientific and engineering processes for hypothesizing the root cause of an issue and create permanent fixes
- Develop tools to perform real-time diagnostics for a variety of tasks
- Experience coding in C, C++, Python, Java or similar
- Experience with Python testing framework (e.g. pytest)
- Experience testing and troubleshooting mission or safety critical embedded software
- Previous authority making critical deployment decisions
- First-hand experience with the entire life cycle of a software application, from prototyping to release to support